Thursday, November 18, 2010

I finally learned how to photograph mailart with dangly stuff




After all this time, I decided to try photographing the mailart with dangly bits rather than scanning them. Great, isn't it?  And it only took me -- what, two years? -- to come up with a way to document this type of mail without all the bits slithering into each other while being scanned.  These are the last of the Holiday Mail for Heroes group.

A little reminder:  if you want to take part, the mailing deadline is December 10, 2010.

4 comments:

dosankodebbie said...

Great photos! I LOVE the cards you made for our heroes. I love ALL your cards....

Unknown said...

You know I adore your work, too. I'm so pleased at getting good photos of the dangly bits. I feel a spate of photography coming on.

Andytgeezer said...

Better late than never - glad to know we won't be missing your dangly posts ever again. Also try taking the pic with the card up at an angle like on Elenas blog. It's nice to be able to see the depth of the piece as well, especially when it's 3D

Andy

Unknown said...

I see what you mean about the angle. I'm going to try some now. We'll see how much depth I can manage.