Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Three days and counting

After 3 days of work on correspondence, I dropped off 31 Christmas/Martin Luther King Jr. Day/Groundhog Day letters, 4 boxes, 3 packets, and 20 pieces of mailart at the post office this afternoon.  Yesterday I mailed 8 or 10 postcards, some of them commercial, some of them art -- the ones that didn't need to be weighed or have the width checked.

One more day spent on writing and packaging, and I should be caught up, or at least finished with December's tasks. I've saved some that need special attention; and I may even figure out how to photograph the beaded postcards so they show up well rather than the futzy scans.

I've come up with an idea for a mailart call, but I need to get on with my project of making fun of the United Methodist Used-to-be-a-church first.  Another two to three weeks and I should be able to announce it.

Meanwhile, I reread Good Mail Day, the book by Jennie Hinchcliff and Carolee Gilligan Wheeler about postal art, so I'm inspired again.  I've also decided to take them up on the suggestion of keeping a correspondence log.  I say this with some trepidation, because such listings often dwindle away into nothingness, after getting spread across six pages of a perfectly good journal. But this is the first time I've sent mail to a bunch of different calls at the same time; and I don't want to lose track of what's where.

And now I'm going to see what mail has reached whom in the last few days.

No comments: