Saturday, January 30, 2010

Yee-Haw -- edited

 

This hunk-a-hunk-a burning love is going to Postmarked 2010 / Prison Library Project.  For the sixth year, the Project has put out a call for mail to be auctioned off to raise money to buy books for prisoners.  The idea of auctioning mail art to raise funds arose because very often the request letters they received from prisoners arrived in elaborately decorated envelopes.

All entries will be accepted.  The silent auction runs from March 5 to March 10.

Part of the It's Only a Book project in which I'm deconstructing my 2003 book, Grace: A Memoir, and turning it into art.

February 2:  I want to add that I took this piece to the post office today.  The clerk picked it up to weight it, looked it over carefully, and said, "Yeeee-haw."

Indeed.

2 comments:

dosankodebbie said...

Thanks for bringing this project to my attention. I learn so much from you about how mailart can be used to serve the community.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Debbie. Isn't this a great project? By the way, I addressed an envelope to you about half an hour ago. Watch your mailbox.