Saturday, November 7, 2009

Further consideration

I woke up at 6:30 this morning considering what other uses there are for a book other than mail art. I had two ideas:

Use it for target practice. My favorite weaponologist says most bullets won't penetrate all the way through, and I think it would be interesting to see the differing impact of different weapons.

You know that rapper who wears the big alarm clock on a chain around his neck? I could do that with a copy of the book. Drill a hole in it, slip a chain through it, and wear it around my neck like a rapper.

Meanwhile, back at the art studio, I ordered prints of the last hundred or so mail art pieces (I'd been waiting for Walgreen's to have their 'prints for 10 cents' sale). As I filed the photos, I found myself enjoying the variety, the colors, the fun I clearly had making them. I don't think I'm finished; rather, I'm bored with the book itself. But maybe I just need to find different ways to use the pages. We'll see what comes next.

As an aside, the reason I keep paper copies of the pieces . . . I seem to believe that they may one day evaporate from the web, and therefore I want something solid to document my adventure in postal pleasures.

No comments: