Tuesday, August 25, 2009

181. Middle Bass Island

181. Middle Bass Island
Middle Bass Island is to the north of the Ohio mainland in Lake Erie, the smallest of the Great Lakes. The Bass islands "look like pancakes poured on a griddle by a not particularly coordinated four-year-old." When I was growing up, much of the acreage on the island was in vineyards, which made it an ideal rest area for migrating songbirds.

This card is going to Elizabeth O'Donnell in Alaska for The Sea: International Mail Art project.

Oops -- a spot of confusion here. One note says I sent it to Elizabeth. Another says I sent it to Ashley Kamin on sendsomething. Perhaps someone will clear up the mystery.

From the It's Only a Book project in which I'm deconstructing my 2003 book, Grace: A Memoir, and turning it into art.

No comments: